Every year, around this time, I get a lot of calls from people seeking pet care over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sometimes, a friend or family member has been lined up to stay with the pets and the plans fall through. This sounds like a great idea. The person is someone you trust and the price is right…cheap or free. Sometimes, this option is great and works with no problems.
As a professional pet sitting business owner, I have been the safety net when friends or family cannot fulfill their commitment. Yes, we may be viewed as expensive when compared to friends and family. I will list reasons why a professional pet sitter is worth the money:
- Back-up pet sitters: Let’s face it, people are human! They get sick, have family drama, or other life issues that take them away from work commitments. When that happens with one of our sitters, we have other sitters to jump in and do the job. You can go on with your vacation and have the peace of mind that your pets are being cared for by one of our great sitters. If your friend or family member has to leave the job, is there a back-up person available to fill in?
- Save Money: What happens if you buy plane tickets, reserve car and hotel, and your friend or family member bails on you? Spend the money on a professional pet sitter and this is something you don’t have to worry about!
- Friends/Family bring their own pet along. What happens if a fight ensues, or pet soils carpet or furniture? This could cause hard feelings for years or broken friendships. This happened to my dental hygienist. Their friend was watching their dog and the friend’s dog attacked their dog. Friend did not have money to pay the $2,000 vet bill, so they had to pay it. That would not happen if one of our pet sitters was on the job. They do not bring pets and their focus is on your pets.
- We are fully insured ($2,000,000 – yes, that is $2 Million!) and bonded. The sitters are background checked and have been with our business for years.
- Our pet sitters text you after each visit, sending photos and updates. Will your friend or family member do that?
Convinced? Call today to set up an appointment to meet a pet sitter or dog walker perfectly matched for your situation! 208-484-2969 or fill out the contact form and we will contact you.